ORLANDO, Florida – September is Anti Hunger Month and the Second Harvest Food Bank has a long list of ideas to help you meet the needs.
The food bank said the need for donations is still increasing due to the economic impacts of the pandemic.
READ: ‘I just fell in love with her’: Firefighter adopts cat he rescued from Pet Alliance fire
As part of Action Against Hunger Month, Second Harvest is asking the community to help “stock the shelves” in September.
“Don’t underestimate the power to donate, advocate, or just choose to educate yourself,” Dave Krepcho, President and CEO of Second Harvest, said in a statement. “Every action taken this Fight Against Hunger Month nourishes hope in our community. “
READ: “What in the world? “: A warning concerning an online real estate ad scam
Here are nine ways Second Harvest says you can help:
1. Donate 30 non-perishable items representing each day of the month.
2. Host a virtual food drive.
READ: ‘Living Nightmare’: 17 Cats Killed in Massive Fire at Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando
3. Register for a “Following the Reflection” virtual tour on September 14 or 28.
4. Donate $ 30 for 30 Days of Hunger.
5. Update your Facebook and Twitter profile / cover photos to get the word out.
READ: Family asks for information on Gabby Petito’s disappearance
6. Register to become a volunteer.
7. Check out experiences like the Dueling Pianos Speakeasy at Jewel Orlando, Scream n ‘Stream at Oviedo Mall, and Paint for a Purpose at Calliope Street.
8. Donate your Buy One, Get One (BOGO) offers after shopping.
9. Dine or shop at local establishments, such as Black Rooster Taqueria, Five Guys, Hourglass Brewing, The Coop, 4Rivers and Kendra Scott on certain days; a portion of each sale will be donated to Second Harvest.
>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE
Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to live stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News.