What will your day be like?
You will be responsible for designing and implementing efficient, flexible, scalable and scalable medium to high complexity ETL designs in an enterprise environment. This includes data modeling, metadata analysis, a deep understanding of Informatica PowerCenter ETL and data transformation tools and administration of the Informatica PowerCenter platform. The candidate should be highly proficient and experienced in designing, implementing and supporting an ETL solutions data warehouse environment. The ideal candidate should be able to manage several very complex projects simultaneously and collaboratively in an Agile environment.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Participate in collaboration with business partners to transform business requirements into environment-specific ETL and data validation designs
- Strong working knowledge across the entire technology stack including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, auditing and design
- Currently used and supported technologies are: SQL Server Database, Business Objects, Crystal, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Metadata Manager, and CA ErWin
- Design and develop ETL processes that load data for a multitude of business processes such as Data Warehouse
- Follow the change management process to resolve application defects or to implement development improvements
- Responsible for enterprise data integration architecture / design and approach around data movement
- Assist with ETL scalability management and system management.
- Provide support for the design, development and tuning of ETL performance
- Design and design ETL solutions within a cross-functional team
- Coordinate and lead on-site and overseas delivery for a team of 3 to 5
- Designing data mappings, data movement routines, and tasks in the data management space
- Responsible for the design and development of data transformation objects, technical specifications and transformation rules
- Plays a major role in enterprise data quality initiatives and supports the implementation of data governance
- Analysis / design of data service routines that would deliver data from various enterprise data sources
- Responsible for identifying / improving / implementing industry best practices in the information management space
- Perform daily monitoring and support of all data load tasks
- Troubleshoot data issues with regards to systems integration, compatibility and cross-platform integration
- Support existing data integration enhancements and tasks on an ongoing basis
- Provide level 3 production support for data warehouse tasks on a rotating basis
- Provide technical support to meet application service level agreements
- Data collection, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and experience in providing support to critical environments
What makes you a good fit?
You will be a good candidate if, in addition to obtaining a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, at least 5 years of experience in ETL development and BI; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and you have:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Informatinca data transformation
- Solid experience in RDBMS database development (development of stored procedures, creation of physical database objects, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge across the entire technology stack including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, auditing and design.
- Experience or exposure to Informatica Metadata Manager, SAP Business Objects & Crystal, Tableau, Hadoop and CA ErWin.
- Experience in project management as a technology manager on several projects simultaneously required
- Demonstrable expertise and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process, including specifications, documentation and quality assurance testing
- Technical knowledge of software development methodologies, design and implementation required
Technical skills required:
- Platforms: MS Windows
- Database management systems: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- Data Integration: Informatica PowerCenter ETL and Data Transformation
- BI reporting: SAP Business Objects & Tableau
- Job planning: SMA Solutions OpCon
- File movement: file transfer managed by GO Anywhere
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Agile Development – Scrum Training
- MS-Office / Visio
When you are happy, we are happy!
To thank you for joining our team, you will benefit from:
- Competitive free medical, dental and vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Membership fees for gym memberships
- Generous power take-off and bank holidays