Vacheron Constantin, Switzerland’s oldest watch brand, has opened a new flagship store at 28 East 57th Street in New York. The 4,500 square foot store will house the complete collection of Vacheron, as well as exclusive in-store editions and the very first permanent vintage collection Les Collectionneurs. Vacheron restores its own second-hand watches to perfect working order, often with original components, and offers them for sale with the same guarantee as contemporary collections.

Located between Madison and Park Avenue, the store opens on 57e with a distinctive glass front and brass grille in the shape of the Maltese cross, emblem of the brand. A wall of blue straw marquetry is the focal point of the space similar to a two-story atrium. For those wishing to learn more about Vacheron, a large screen on this level offers an interactive journey through the history of the brand, founded in 1755. There is also a digital archive and a rotating exhibition area of ​​historical watches.

A large staircase with vertical bronze columns inspired by the 19e the architecture of the century leads to the second floor, where you can see a house watchmaker working his magic. There’s also a custom strap station, as well as a VIP lounge and family bar stocked with games and refreshments.

The brand has a long history in the United States. Vacheron Constantin established its first agent in New York in 1832, and by the 20th century had placed watches on the wrists of prominent Americans of the Rockefeller family members Henry and William James, automobile manufacturer James Ward Packard, and actors. Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor to name a few. The company also made a series of pocket watches for the US Corps of Engineers during World War I, and a few years later created the American 1921 cushion-shaped, a classic but bold slant-dial design created for the US market. This iconic timepiece celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2021 and is the focus of the New York Flagship opening exhibition.



Source link